Please click here to view the full AARC membership brochure
Members of AARC share a passion and commitment to the advancement of measurement and evaluation in all settings. They represent a diverse range of professions including:
- school and college counselors
- career counselors
- rehabilitation counselors
- community mental health professionals
- counselors in private practice
- counselor educators
- state and district test administrators
- test publishers
- program evaluators
Benefits of Membership
All members enjoy the following benefits:
- A subscription to Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, the division's quarterly journal that publishes research as well as practical and innovative articles of relevance to assessment specialists. Regular features include "Methods Plainly Speaking" in which technical methods for the study of assessment instruments are explained, and reviews and evaluations of new or revised tests and other assessment instruments are featured. For manuscript submissions and subscription information, please contact Sage Publications at 805-410-7764 (phone) or 805-410-7002 (fax), or visit Sage's MECD website.
- A subscription to Counseling Outcome Research and Evaluation, the division's biannual journal that provides counselor educators, researchers, and other mental health practitioners (including psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, and addiction counselors) with outcome research and program evaluation practices for work with individuals across the lifespan. It presents topics such as: treatment efficacy, clinical diagnosis, program evaluation, research design, and outcome measure reviews. For manuscript submissions and subscription information, please contact Sage Publications at 805-410-7764 (phone) or 805-410-7002 (fax), or visit Sage's CORE website.
- A subscription to the division newsletter NewsNotes. NewsNotes is published quarterly and provides state, regional, national, and international news and information, legislative updates, and special articles of interest to assessment specialists.
- Discounts on Professional Liability Insurance. AARC, through its affiliation with the National Professional Group is able to extend to its members professional liability insurance coverage at very attractive rates.
- Opportunities to interact with leaders in assessment, measurement, and evaluation through state associations, national conferences, and committee activities.
- Opportunities to develop your leadership skills by becoming an AARC committee member or officer.
- Opportunities for your work to be recognized through the AARC Awards program.
Levels of Membership
Available to any individual who holds a master's degree or higher in counseling or a closely-related field from a college or university accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Professional members enjoy full voting privileges.
Available to those individuals whose interests and activities are consistent with those of the American Counseling Association (ACA), but who are not qualified for professional membership. Regular members enjoy full voting privileges.
New Professional Member
A New Professional is someone who has graduated with a master's or a doctorate within the past 12 months. Status is good for one year.
Available to any individual currently enrolled in a graduate degree-seeking program in counseling or a closely-related field at least half-time. Student members are not eligible to vote.
Available to any individual who has retired and has been an active member of ACA for the past five consecutive years.
How to Join
- If you would like to join both ACA and AARC or add AARC to your existing ACA membership, please click Here or call Member Service at 800-347-6647 x222
- Membership Questions? Please contact our Membership Chair
For new or renewing ACA members, the cost to join AARC is $40.00 for professional and regular members, and $30.00 for student, new professional, and retired members.
I was introduced to AARC as a doctoral student. I was immediately welcomed into this organization and provided leadership opportunities that have benefited me personally and professionally for over six years. The experiences I have had as an active member of this association have been invaluable and I now encourage my students to join and get involved as I did.Amanda C. La Guardia, PhD, LPC-S, NCC