Exemplary Research and Assessment Award: Doctoral-Level Student
AARC, through its Doctoral Level Exemplary Research and Assessment Practices Award, recognizes doctoral-level students who have shown a dedication to the mission of AARC through their use of assessment and/or evaluation practices, or their contributions as a scholar in the counseling field. The Doctoral Level Exemplary Research and Assessment Practices Award goes to a doctoral-level student who has shown a dedication to the mission of AARC through their use of assessments to inform practice, experience in individual or program evaluation, experience in needs assessments, development of a new assessment instrument, work in a research lab or on a research team, authoring or co-authoring a research paper that advances the field, or engaging in community-based research efforts. Nominees are required to be members of AARC and ACA.
If you would like to nominate yourself or a deserving student or colleague for one of these awards, please send your nomination to Amanda Giordano, MAL- Awards, ([email protected]) by June 1, 2023.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A vita or resume for individual being nominated.
- A nomination letter outlining how the nominee meets the award criteria and why the nominee is representative of the spirit of the award (in the nomination letter, include the nominee’s ACA number and confirm the nominee is a member of AARC in good standing).
- For the two professional awards (Exemplary Research Practices Award and Exemplary Assessment and Evaluation Practices Award only), one additional letter of support is required. (No additional letter of support is needed for the student awards).
All documents should be combined into one PDF file and emailed to [email protected] by June 1, 2023.
Previous Award Recipients
- 2022 Jennifer Niles, William & Mary
- 2020 Hyunhee Kim, Penn State University
- 2017 Abdulkadir Haktanir, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- 2016 Naomi Wheeler, University of Central Florida
- 2015 Peeper McDonald, Georgia State University
- 2014 Jessica Holm, University of North Texas
- 2013 Patrick Mullen, University of Central Florida