MECD Call for Special Issue Manuscripts
The incoming Editorial Office for Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development (MECD) is calling for manuscript proposals for a special issue related to Score Reliability and Reliability Generalization as relevant to use in basic and applied research activities that influence knowledge, practice, education, training, or supervision. Manuscripts will be reviewed across 3 submission categories:
- Assessment, Development, and Validation
- Applications of Assessment
- Methods Plainly Speaking
Proposals should be sent by email to A. Stephen Lenz, Incoming Editor for MECD, at [email protected]. Proposals should follow a standard format and indicate:
- Prospective submission category
- Working title
- Proposed authors
- Abstract (1-page summary of the proposed manuscript)
- Statement of commitment to special issue timeline
The timeline for this special issue is:
- July 1, 2023: Deadline to send manuscript proposals to [email protected]
- July 15, 2023: Proposal authors notified of proposal disposition
- October 1, 2023: Deadline to submit first draft of manuscripts
- October 31, 2023: Authors receive disposition of manuscripts
- December 15, 2023: Deadline to submit manuscript revisions
- February 1, 2024: Deadline to submit final manuscript drafts
- March 1, 2024: Online first access to special issue articles
- April 1, 2024: Special Issue available in print.
At MECD, we value all approaches to understanding the role of score reliability in representing the experiences of individuals, families, groups, and communities, as well as, how psychometric reliability may influences representations of intervention outcomes and program impacts across settings. With these considerations in mind, I hope that you will consider MECD as a home for your work in this area.
MECD is an official journal of the Association of Assessment and Research in Counseling (AARC), a member association and division of the American Counseling Association. All articles clearly describe implications for the counseling field and for practitioners, educators, administrators, researchers, or students in assessment, measurement, or evaluation. MECD has an Impact Factor of 1.386 and a 5-year Impact Factor of 2.854. Additional information about the journal is available through the MECD website.