The following resources have been compiled to assist educators, researchers, and practitioners in the area of measurement and assessment. Feel free to download any of the materials for personal or instructional use.
Adobe Reader is needed to view the following files. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you may download it here.
Research Design Documents
Assessment and Testing Documents
- ACA Position Statement on High Stakes Testing Practices
- Code of Fair Testing Practices in Education
- Pre-Employment Testing and the ADA
- Responsibilities of Users of Standardized Tests
- Standards for Qualifications of Test Users
- Test Taker Rights and Responsibilities
AARC (formerly AACE)-Sponsored Assessment Standards and Statements
- Standards for Multicultural Assessment *New 4th Edition Revised June 2012*
- Standards for Assessment in Career Counseling
- Standards for Assessment in Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling
- Standards for Assessment in Mental Health Counseling
- Standards for Assessment in Multicultural Counseling
- Standards for Assessment in Substance Abuse Counseling
Links to Assessment-Related Organizations
- American Counseling Association
- American Educational Research Association
- American Evaluation Association
- American Psychological Association
- American School Counselor Association
- Buros Institute of Mental Measurements
- National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing
- Fair Access Coalition on Testing
- Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluations
- Joint Committee on Testing Practices
- National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc.
- National Career Development Association
- National Council on Measurement in Education
Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing-What Counselors Need To Know (2002) - $12.00 per copy, click here for an order form.
How to Join
Interested individuals can join AARC in three ways:
- Join online at the American Counseling Association American Counseling Association
- Print and mail a membership application (Word version) ( Pdf version)
- Contact the current AARC Membership Chair
For new or renewing ACA members, the cost to join AARC is $40.00 for professional and regular members, and $30.00 for student, new professional, and retired members.
For AARC membership without ACA membership please include a $10.00 processing fee to your membership dues.
As a member of AARC for over 10 years, I have had the opportunity to network and collaborate with emerging and seasoned scholars who are interested in advancing the world of research, program evaluation, assessment, and diagnosis to benefit counselors and their clients. I believe I am a stronger researcher and evaluator due to my membership and the benefits it affords. AARC is a great way to get involved in this profession, no matter your degree of "expertise" in assessment and research!Danica G. Hays, PhD, LPC, NCC