Donald Hood Student Research Grant
AARC continues its commitment to excellence in scholarship and clinical practice through the awarding of the Donald Hood Student Research Grant. This annual grant program is designed to recognize and honor those who are seeking to complete research investigations that show promise for outstanding contributions to the counseling profession.
The recipient of the Donald Hood Student Research Grant will receive a cash award up to $500.00, a certificate of recognition, a free ticket for the AARC annual award luncheon, and acknowledgment of the award in AARC’s various news outlets (NewsNotes and on the website).
If you would like to nominate yourself or a deserving student for Donald Hood Student Research, please send your nomination to AARC Grants Committee Co-Chairs (Carrie Wachter Morris and Jaimie Stickl Haugen) via email: AARCstudentgrants@gmail.com
Please click here for detailed information and required materials of nomination.
Previous Award Recipients
- 2020 Elizabeth Orrison, Old Dominion University
- 2017 Seungbin Oh, University of Central Florida
- 2016 Eric Price, Universiity of North Texas
- 2015 Madeline Clark, Old Dominion University
- 2014 Ashley Blunt, University of Central Florida
- 2013 Christopher Christmas, University of Central Florida
- 2011 Janeen Miller, Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
- 2010 Kelly Emelianchik, Old Dominion University
- 2009 L. Marinn Pierce, University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- 2008 Erin Mason, Georgia State University
- 2007 Laura Welfare, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- 2006 Amy Land, Georgia State University
- 2005 Tamba-Kuii Bailey, Georgia State University
- 2004 Danica Hays, Georgia State University
- 2003 Randy Watts, University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Reginald Tucker, Harvard School of Public Health
- 2002 Hung-Bin Sheu, University of Maryland
- 2001 Simone Lambert, University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Carl Sheperis, University of Florida